After all, cherries are a powerful package of antioxidants & phytonutrients delivers:
- Antioxidants - with at least 17 antioxidants, cherries may work like common pain medications to reduce post-exercise muscle soreness, and offer anti-inflammatory benefits. Antioxidants are also known to help boost immunity...keeping your training schedule on track, and reducing the chances of 'catching' the winter flu.
- Melatonin - a potent antioxidant that may help improve natural sleep patterns, which may impact overall health and training quality.
- Essential nutrients - cherries are a good source of vitamin A (beta carotene), vitamin C, and also contain fiber.
Red Alert ingredients (1 serving):
- 2 oz. tart cherry juice
- 4 oz. coconut water
- 2 oz. club soda
Directions: Pour ingredients into one 8 oz. glass, Stir to combine and serve.
Red Recharger Smoothie ingredients:
- 1 cup thawed tart cherries
- 1 cup fresh or partially frozen strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 /2 cup plain, Greek yogurt (or vanilla yogurt)
- 1 /2 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ground nutmeg
Directions: Combine all ingredients (except nutmeg). Blend until smooth. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Enjoy!