Grilled Margarita Chicken Salad
- ½ cup frozen (thawed) nonalcoholic margarita mix
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 6 cups
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 medium mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Dressing - in small bowl, stir margarita mix, oil and vinegar with wire whisk until well blended. Measure 1/4 cup dressing for basting chicken; reserve remaining dressing for serving.
- Cover and grill chicken over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with 1/4 cup dressing, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Cut chicken into slices. In large bowl, toss salad greens, chicken and strawberries; divide among 4 plates.
- Arrange mango and avocado around each salad.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Drizzle with reserved dressing.
Recipe adapted from www.Bettycrocker.com